Sunday, November 11, 2007

More beasts than people

Well, we've had a week to come to terms with the death of Black Bart. While we still miss him, we decided our family needed new fish, so we got three guppies. Two are kind of orange and the third is really pale yellow with a fancy tail. They don't have names yet. I sort of want to see if they make it through the night and then we'll invest in names.
I was thinking that a set of names in threes might be fun. We could do Huey, Dewey, and Louie. Or Koltho, Lakhesis, and Atropos for the three fates. Or Caspar, Melchior and Balthasar for the three kings. The ones I'm really liking the best are Lucky, Dusty, and Ned for the three Amigos. Don't those sound like great fish names? Especially Dusty, that cracks me up.
anyway, here they are:
Our three new fish

...and the cats who will someday eat them.

3 comments:

Archaeology Ash said...

I'm scared for your fishies.

karmakat said...

Great picture!

Brook said...

I love the three amigos idea. You should make a cartoon of the fish doing the dance.
BTW- this didn't post the first time because BlogSpot wanted an umlaut over the "y"?