Sunday, November 4, 2007

Fishiness

Yesterday was homecoming at the U of A. (We won our game, yay! so did Georgia- double yay!).
I was walking down University Blvd. and these people had a fish pong booth! It is the most genius thing I've ever heard of. It works like beer pong, but instead of drinking when you lose, you get a fish! You make a small donation to UNICEF and they give you three ping pong balls to throw at solo cups floating in a baby pool full of fish. I got a ball in a cup, so I got to pick out a fish.
Meet Black Bart:
Black Bart is a goldfish with a black stripe down his back. He has survived two days so far, which is better than I expected given his species and the two predators that live with me. Today, though, Black Bart is having some issues. He's covered in white fuzz and is swimming sideways. I know that listing is really bad for fish, but in case he doesn't die today, does anyone know anything to do for fuzzy fish? Or, um, any fish that are more long-lived?

p.s. Congratulations Diane and Damian! I'm sure it was a beautiful wedding, you are a wonderful couple.

1 comment:

snippy said...

Hi L! Go Dawgs!

About Black Bart, here's what the experts say, "I think it is just changing color as it matures unless you can see white fuzz or fur on it which indicates a parasitic disease. There are treatments for this ailment at your pet store. Treat the water according to directions". Yuck.

I love your new blog banner, BTW-very cool.

Little L started school today. More on that later.