Friday, June 1, 2007

Friday is for pretty things

I bought some pretty new fabric when I was in Georgia last week. I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do with it yet, but maybe you have some suggestions. The pink one is sort of canvas-y and the blue one is the thinnest nicest cotton. I am making an apron for an apron exchange with my sister, and I think the pink one would be great, but it doesn't follow the theme. The theme was "things that remind us of when we were little". We both came up with plans for a Laura/ Mary Ingalls style apron which is just weird. Hers came out beautiful, and I've already gotten batter all over it. I need to get crackin' on mine.








The second pretty thing is these beautiful peonies
from Trader Joes. I love Trader Joes. When I got these flowers they were baseball sized and white. Now they are pink and as big as my head. They make the whole kitchen smell
so so good.


The third pretty thing is... what?... wait a second,

that's not pretty!...That's a scary bug from my yard!

3 comments:

katie o. said...

Ooooh, the pink fabric is gorgeous! Umm, let the theme of your apron be "things that make Katie wish she had found some of that fabric too"!

Give us a close up of the blue-I can't make out the pattern.

PS Peonies are the coolest flowers ever. Ever.

karmakat said...

Lizzie, you have a new blog! Yay!
That's great.
Marmalade. What a cool name.

I will certainly watch it.

I love the peonies, I guess they grow just about everywhere (except in our yard, because we never planted any).
I'm not too crazy about bugs. How big was that critter?

Good to see Georgie. She's just as cute as ever. I'm surprised that Orbit isn't a camera hog. I always thought that Georgie was shy and Orbit was the outgoing kitten.

Keep up the good work but don't neglect the thesis.

Whoops, I guess I gave myself away there.

Yes, it's mom

Smooches

Emily Hunter said...

WHY DIDN'T I KNOW YOU HAD A BLOG!!???? You never tell me ANYTHING!!!