Monday, June 25, 2007

Trip to Mexico

This weekend my friends Nikki and Joe came to visit. They are from Ohio and so were shocked by the horrible heat here. They were good sports though and we had a great time. On Friday afternoon we drove down to the mission San Xavier:
...and then we drove on to Nogales, Mexico. We walked around and shopped a little , and then we had lunch at a cool little restaurant on a side street. Joe and Nikki, though they had only a little rental car and were flying home in two days, bought a pig skin couch and chair that they haggled (impressively) down to $62 and 200 pesos ($20-ish dollars). We strapped the couch to the roof and Nikki and I rode back to Tucson squashed on either side of the chair. It was worth it though because the furniture is really cool. They drove off to Colorado with the couch precariously tied to the roof of the rental. I'm sure they'll come up with some way to get it all home.
I came home with much smaller treats. I bought this copper star that you can put a light in. I think I have some kind of addiction to light-up stars, and I 'm not sure where to put this new one. Any suggestions? I also adopted this crew of luchadores who did not want to stand up for the picture.

They have promised to watch over the house while we're at work. I'm not sure the capes are entirely necessary, but they swear they're very important.

p.s. I'm still working on the cereal. We've patched up the walls, paved the driveway, and fed all kinds of children in need. Still no boxes eliminated. Thanks for all the suggestions though, I'll tell my dentist you warned me off the sugary stuff.

1 comment:

katie o. said...

Cool light! Do you have a porch? It would look so cool there! Or a little alcovey-style entrance? I really love the star.

Not so much the pig-skin furniture. I would feel like I needed to apologize to the swine community each time I sat down. That's just me, and yes, I know I'm weird like that.