Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Live and Active in Tucson

Guess what! I made yogurt! I eat a lot of yogurt around here. I'm sort of picky about it and I really like this certain brand that I get at this store that's across town. It isn't expensive, but it's a pain to drive over there. So today, I decided to make some and it was really easy. I took 4 cups of milk (I used skim for extra healthiness) and heated it on the stove until teeny bubbles started to form. Then I took it off and let it cool down to between 110 and 115 degrees. Then, I stirred in 2tbsp of the yogurt that I like so much until it was all smooth. I put the mixture in the oven, but kept it turned off. You could use any warmish dark place, just so long as your cats can't get to it. If you live in a cold place, I bet you could put it in the oven with just the light turned on or something. I left it there all day while I was at work and when I came home..viola! 4 cups of delicious yogurt made from clones of my old yogurt. I like plain yogurt, but I bet you could put in fruit or vanilla or whatever you like and it would be great.

Now I don't have to drive across town as long as I have 4 cups of milk! I'll taste it tomorrow for breakfast and let you know how it is. If I don't post for another several weeks, you know not to try to make your own dairy products.
p.s. go check out the super cute dress up clothes my sister made! (I'm going to pretend that people other than my sister and my mom read this site)

2 comments:

karmakat said...

That's amazing. Did you find a recipe somewhere or did you just figure it out by yourself?

You guys are like pioneers. Rob makes his own jerky. You make your own yogurt.

Cool.

Brook said...

You are soooo awesome. I love yogurt and you. Now that I know about your site, I'm going to read it all the time. It's like 1,000,000,000,000^1,000,000,000,000 better than my blog.