Friday, June 29, 2007

Friday is for pretty things

My haircut this week included the addition of some little face framing pieces that were supposed to add "interest". They're kind of driving me crazy, so I've been pinning them back with these!




Dragging out a crafty trick from..what...5th grade?..I painted some bobby pins to make them cooler. I painted them with nailpolish just like I used to. I'm not sure if I'll wear them very often(not actually in 5th grade after all), but I sure do like them!


Item #2: Tomorrow is R's birthday so I made his favorite cake (angel food) but I didn't have anything special to put it on. Katie told me about making your own cake plates so I tried it. I glued a simple upside-down glass to the bottom of a simple glass plate with glass glue. It totally worked. I don't have a picture of that yet- it will have to wait for tomorrow. I also made two little stands-one for me, one for my friend Ashley. I bought a glass dish and a glass candlestick at the dollar store and glued them together. Total craft time:approx. 2 seconds.

They're smaller, about 7inches across. I know, they seem fussy, but I think they could be a cool place to put your jewelry or you could use it at Christmas to put cookies on. Anyhow, they're infinitely more useable than a certain crystal headache, er, I mean, vase-on-a-pedestal we received as a wedding gift.

4 comments:

katie o. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
katie o. said...

That little glass stand looks gorgeous! We're (Mom, Dad, and I) here in NJ at Mandy's apt. and we were so excited to see your new posting-we love to read your blog!

Oh and can you make a set of those Bobby pins for me? I love them, (and I've been out of the 5th grade for a looooong time!)

Unknown said...

I want to know who gave you the crystal headache. I think it was me. No really, I made two of those cake stands Katie told us about for Nick and Jenny's luau. I got Hawaiian plates at the dollar store. They were great.

Love,

Aunt Joan

Brook said...

This is so awesome! I love both ideas. Finally a use for the ocassional bottle of nail polish I buy, but only use twice. Now to get married so I can get some disposable crystal.