Thursday, May 31, 2007

Socks!



I finished my very first pair of socks yesterday. I've made single socks in the past, but never finished an actual matching pair. I'm a pretty impatient knitter, and I'm not great at following patterns, so these were knit on big needles with big yarn. They come from several cobbled together patterns, but they worked out. They're very puffy, so maybe I can wear them as hiking socks or something. I'm sure I'll only get to wear them once or twice a year since I live in the desert, but it was good practice. This weird picture is of my feet propped up against the kitchen wall, because if I tried to take a normal picture of my feet on the ground, this is what would happen...
That's Georgie and she's a camera hog. very vain. ooo, do you think I'm making a bad impression by mentioning my cat on my second-ever post? I'm not a knitting cat lady. I promise.

2 comments:

Liam said...

Aunt Lizzie,

Those socks are so cool. You are amazing! Georgie is a camera hog-I want to see Orbit.

Love,
Liam

Emily Hunter said...

Ok, I forgive you for not telling me about your blog. Thanks to Georgie and your cute feet. How do they look in those new shoes? Blister-free, I'll bet! Post! Post!