Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Turn around, bright eyes

It's a total eclipse of the moon!
Look at what an incredible photographer I am. Here is a National Geographic-worthy shot of tonight's eclipse. I know, I know. I'll make prints available later.
R. and I went outside in time to see the last half of the moon disappear. We performed special dances in the front yard and sang the "Moon!" cheer to make sure that it would come back. That's right, you have us to thank for the return of the moon. Next time you're at the beach watching the tide, be sure to remember what we did for you.


Also, remember how this is the year of cake? Here's February's cake. I made this for the lovely Katrina for her birthday. It is a version of my mom's favorite cake ever. It's chocolate on the inside with 1/2 buttercream and 1/2 cream cheese icing on the outside. The red drizzles are white chocolate dyed red. Happy Birthday, Katrina. Welcome to Tucson

4 comments:

Archaeology Ash said...

Once upon a time I was falling in love
But now I'm only falling apart
There's nothing I can do
A total eclipse of the heart
Once upon a time there was light in my life
But now there's only love in the dark
Nothing I can say
A total eclipse of the heart

Archaeology Ash said...

Can I just say that I was singing THIS all night and I took pictures to post on my blog and all I was gonna do was put the lyrics to the song?

Archaeology Ash said...

Can I also just say that I had managed to get the song OUT of my head this morning. But now its back and I blame you.

That's my last comment. Someone else can say something now.

TucsonLizzie said...

This song has the power to stick in your head like no other. How funny that we had the very same blog idea!