Monday, February 11, 2008

Biscuits- oh yeah!

I've been wanting to learn to make biscuits for a long time. Lately, I've been inspired by Wildernesse and Daily Thread to go ahead and try it.
Our friend Joe came to visit this weekend, and we had a fantastic time. On Sunday morning, Joe taught me how to make biscuits like his mama and grandmother. It seems so easy, only a couple of ingredients, right? I tried them again this morning on my own, and I don't quite have the hang of it, but at least they weren't thin hard rocks like they used to be before Joe taught me.
I bought all the stuff I need to keep practicing, and that's what I'll do until I am fully qualified to be an old Southern woman. I'll be the only one in all of southern Arizona who can make a biscuit! Hmm, I might be a little ahead of myself here, but they sure are yummy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just the thing,with marmalade. Yum!

Katie said...

They look great! There is nothing like homemade biscuits.