Monday, July 23, 2007

Whoa.

I feel like I've been away for weeks and weeks. Harry Potter finally came out on Saturday (in case you've been in a long-term coma or something). R and I were so anxious. We got up really early and tried to pretend we weren't waiting for the book, but every time a truck drove down the street we would both panic and look to see if it was for us. The darn FedEx man (though normally FedEx people are awesome) stopped at the mailbox next door. The nerve! A little while later the UPS truck came rolling down the street and R and I shoved each other out of the way to get the the mailbox first. He said "Here's your book! I hope you like it!" I imagined that his truck was filled to the brim with Harry Potter books and nothing else that day. We ran inside, gazed at the package for a minute and then dug in.
24 hours later and we're both done (note neutral tone of voice).

It was perfect Harry Potter weather. You know, kind of dark and gloomy and dementor-ish.
The monsoons have been kind of intense lately. Today was especially crazy. Our front yard was kind of flowing and there were waves on the street. You can hardly see where the street ends and the yard begins. Wow!
seriously. waves.

This is a picture from the other day.
Isn't that pretty? My mom would say it was a picture of Grace.

3 comments:

karmakat said...

Yeah, we weren't watching for our books either.

Archaeology Ash said...

Thank you for maintaining the neutral tone. If the family hadn't been here and the power hadn't gone out two nights in a row and I didn't have to come to work, I would totally be done by now and we could talk on the phone.

katie o. said...

Wow!, the palm tree picture toatlly looks HP to me. Love, love, love the new book!