Monday, July 30, 2007

Lodges

I am a sucker for any place that calls itself a "lodge". I think some people feel the same way about "shoppes" and "inns." If you're willing to call your place a lodge, it's probably the kind of place I'd like to stay. Most of my favorites are in National Parks. The best one by far is Yellowstone Lodge:
Who wouldn't want to stay there? I've had drinks at the bar, but I've never stayed. Actually, to be perfectly fair, it's called Old Faithful Inn and isn't actually a lodge, but it still defines the category in my book. El Tovar at the Grand Canyon also is a "hotel" but should be called a lodge. Again, plenty of drinks there, but no actual overnight stays. Zion Lodge is a for real lodge. They even have rocking chairs on the lawn. Rob and I played in the snow there, but we never stayed over. See a pattern? Well, I want to break the pattern and go to this lodge and actually stay the night. Have you ever seen such a beautiful hotel? Me neither. First of all, it's in Oregon. Second, it looks like a Hobbit lives there. Plus, did you see the waterfall? Wow. Someday I'm going to stay in a lodge and maybe it'll be this one.


2 comments:

karmakat said...

Scrolling down, each "lodge" was just awesome and I was wishing you could stay the night there too.
But...when I scrolled down to the final picture of just the falls......it truly took my breath away.
You MUST stay the night there.

karmakat said...

Oh no. I followed your link to the lodge and it is a day lodge only.
How disappointing.
Oh well, I guess you can only see all that beauty in the daytime anyway.