Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Return from Obscurity

Ahhh. I'm home. Home home home. It has been a really long field season this year. We left for Mule Creek in late May, and here I am, finally reunited with my dear computer on August 18.
I have hiked more than 60 miles, driven 15000 miles, seen a moose, a marmot, a bear, a ringtail, bighorn sheep, and lots of pronghorn. I've been to 26 states and 34 national parks and monuments.
I have been nearly killed by rain, lightning, wind, raccoons, and one giant spider in Louisiana.

Now that I am back, I plan to enjoy:
1. a bed. and a pillow. and a roof
2. showering in bare feet
3. using the bathroom in bare feet
4. not waiting in line for breakfast/lunch/dinner
5. getting up after dawn

and most importantly, the company of my awesome husband, our friends, and all of you.

I'm BACK!!!!!

11 comments:

marge said...

HOORAY!!
Your back.
You've reminded me of all the things I just take for granted.

Might like to hear a bit more about the Louisiana spider. If it's not TOO scary.

Archaeology Ash said...

Hooooooooorrrrrrraaaaayyyyyy!!! The Hallelujah Chorus is deafening!

katie o. said...

Hooray! Lizzie is home!!! We missed you so much!

katie o. said...

How funny! I just noticed we all chose the word, "Hooray!" We're all that glad you're back!

PS The anti-spam word this time is "bitingi". Your blog always gives me the funniest anti-spam words!

Brook said...

Yea! Can't wait to hear more about your trip. Was so happy to see Marmalade on the RSS feed this AM.

Karen May Studios said...

Great, now I have to think of something other than "hooray'.
Um...
Huzzah!!!!
welcome back. Bout damn time.

the robmom said...

Everyone else said Hooray so I say YIPPEEEEE!!! We all missed you ,Lizzie. I want to hear about the spider too. A tarantula jumped at me in Texas and scared me across a highway and after that, I was never afraid of all the little spiders again!

karinna jean said...

Yeah!!!! Lizzie's home!!! You feel WAY to far away when I can't call you or email you. I'm glad you had a good trip. You've been popping up on other people's facebook picts..you know, cutting up buffalo, standing on mountain tops...wearing great hats....

TucsonLizzie said...

Oh thanks guys! It is SO nice to be home and I can't wait to get back to normal life, normal schedule, and normal blogging.

TucsonLizzie said...

Also, I can't tell you about the spider. It will give you all nightmares.

Emily Hunter said...

yeehaw!!! I'm so happy lizzie is home-sweet-home. nowww.. on to more delectable baking posts!