Thursday, October 4, 2007

Shower

Turns out, when you throw a shower, you don't really take a lot of pictures during the actual party. I really wanted to show you the tiny cakes I made, but by the time I brought them out, the party was already going on, and I couldn't take pictures of them. I also wanted to show you Kacy and all her presents, but I didn't do that either. So here's the deal, I'll show you some pictures I took the night before, and I'll promise to try and borrow some better pictures from the bride. Ok?

First up, here's the pom poms I hung from the ceiling. Orbit and Georgie thought it was cruel of me to hang such puffiness out of their reach. Tough luck for them.


These are some of the flowers. To me, Gerbera daisies mean weddings. So Kacy got dozens of them. Everywhere. I don't really have a lot of good vases, so I put some in tall glasses, some in a big shiny can, and some in this little square container. A few went in bud vases all by themselves. I like flowers to be all bunched up, so I had to cut them short and tie the ends with a twist tie that I hid beneath the water.

















For a shower activity, we all made soaps, bath salts, and bath scrubs (of course no pictures). These are the little bags I made for everyone to put their treats in. To put the scrub in, I cleaned out a bunch of baby food jars (perfect size, perfect price, disgusting contents!) and glued pretty paper with swirly trimmed edges to the outside.
I think everybody had a good time. I know I did.

2 comments:

Archaeology Ash said...

I had a great time at the shower! It was really fun and the soap making was the best part. Actually, the cakes were. No the decorations. It was all fun!

katie o. said...

Oh Lizzie, I'm so glad the shower turned out well. I know Kacy appreciated all the efforts you made. And what cool decorations you had. Fun!