Thursday, May 31, 2007

Brand New Blog

This is my new blog called Marmalade. I'm not sure that the blog will have a theme, but I plan to write about the things I do and see in my life here in Tucson. I've been doing a lot of baking here lately because I'm trying to avoid my thesis. This cake has been one of our favorites.

I made a buttery cake batter and poured it over big fat blackberries and peach slices arranged on the bottom of an 8" springform. The fruit stays on the bottom and makes a nice contrast to the rich cake. We eat it with vanilla ice cream.

So, I suppose this will be how the blog will go. How does one start one of these without feeling like a dork? I feel like I'm writing "dear diary". You know, I'm addressing a post to an anonymous (and probably nonexistant) audience, but I still feel like doing it. I have all kinds of crafty ideas all the time and I'm too inspired by blogs like my sister's not to get in on the game. So there it is. I'm a blogger.

3 comments:

katie o. said...

Lizzie, your blog is so cute! Me likey the banner across the top. Who is that a picture of?

You'll only feel like a dork for a few posts...it feels kinda natural after that.

Two tips...you may want to use "tags" to get more hits, and you may want to use a comment filter or one day you may get splogged (soammed on your blog comments).

Keep up the posts! (But finish your paper first, naughty girl!)

katie o. said...

I don't know what "soammed" means, I meant to type "spammed"!

Unknown said...

Lizzie,

Really enjoyed your blog. Felt like I just had visited with you. Didn't know you knit. I try and try but just can't get the hang of it. I'm going to try again.

I've bookmarked your blog so I can keep up with what's going on in your life. Miss you.

Joan