Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Waking up is hard to do.

This morning I was really struggling to wake up. It was one of those mornings when you feel like the sunlight in your room must, must be moonlight. I just couldn't get my eyes open. Then I started getting subliminal messages from my clock radio (set to the news in the mornings)

6:15

".....can't do it alone. Need the assistance of China, India,.."

so I hit snooze.

6:23

"...the entire G20 is going to have to cooperate on this...."

Well. There's hardly room in my house for the entire G20.

snooze.

6:31

"...responsible for the financial meltdown..."

Whoa whoa whoa!
You're right, clock. I guess I should get up and go to work. Sigh. How about some nice music tomorrow morning, ok?

10 comments:

Roselawn said...

So glad you are back to posting... and get to enjoy a shower in bare feet! Have fun at Patrick's wedding this weekend. Paul will be there, but Kiara and I have to stay back home to take care of the business while he's gone. We will miss seeing all of you!

Archaeology Ash said...

I drank too much sangria last night and consequently was late for work. I have since discovered that my alarm clock doesn't have a radio function.

Brook said...

NPR and snooze can be a recipe for very strange early morning dreams.

Karen May Studios said...

So YOU'RE responsible for the financial crisis. Fekker.
I thought I'd mention that my 'word verification' below is 'Cootpi" and that just about sums up how I feel about this whole situation!

Emily Hunter said...

I totally agree with Brook on this one: I have had many a freaky NPR-induced dream in the morning. Weekend Edition is much better. I like slowly waking up to the tinkly piano music, and the Will Shortz Sunday morning word puzzles. Once Car Talk starts up, I know it's time to get out of bed.

heathrow taxi said...

Earlier to bed and early will u wake........ but sometimes it really gets hard to do that, I agree

cheap airport taxis said...

friend this is a habbit just a habbit ......... !
this is an interesting post !!

ביטוח רכב said...

There are some days like that – what do you say changing the alarm clock to a different channel? - I love your writing - thanks

Daniel said...

So when are you going to go back to blogging?

impresion de folletos said...

good blog! :)