Saturday, April 4, 2009

I'm up to something

I have big ambitious plans for today. The first involves this really awkward corner in my kitchen. It's right by the stove. Some genius patched some kind of problem with the wall with a giant piece of wood that sticks out about an inch. It used to be sort of off white and dingy, but I painted it bright orange to make it blend in. That sounds kind of funny. You generally don't paint things bright orange to make them more subtle. Anyway, it's very ugly and very weird. There are all kinds of nail holes and screws in it. There are two towel bars right on top of eachother- everything about it sucks.
So, I'm thinking about making it into a chalkboard! I bought the chalkboard paint, now all I have to do is take down the huge scary piece of wood, sand it, and remove the dozens of tiny nails and screws. I can't wait. We can write our menu on it, or write recipes on it while we cook, or keep the shopping list up there. I can hardly make it worse, right? I mean, it's a giant orange eyesore now, the worst that can happen is I make it a giant black eyesore.


The other thing I have up my sleeve for the afternoon is this:


hell yes.

No comments: