Monday, February 2, 2009

Dolls

Over the weekend I was going through the crafty shelves and I ran across this poor little dollhouse doll. She's really pretty, but she was wearing a super poufy polyester blue dress with lots and lots of lace. She's such a cool porcelain doll and is in perfect scale for a dollhouse, but the dress had to go. So I made her this one.


It's nothing special, but she seems way more comfortable. The doll also had a lace headband glued to her head, which I peeled off. Now all she needs is a dollhouse to live in.

The most important part of any doll is her shoes...
This is another little doll that I don't think I've shared before. She's a wooden clothespin with a little wooden knob glued on for a head. Her arms are pipe cleaners. She isn't the right scale, but I still like her.
It's tough to take pictures of tiny dolls, even though they stand perfectly still. Here I was trying to take a picture of her little red bow painted on the side of her head.

Anyway, they were two small projects that were easy and satisfied my strange need to make teeny tiny things. Is that an inherited trait? I kind of think so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice choice of fabrics. Love the tiny bow. Did you know Rob created tiny people about one inch high out of paper when he was young and even made them stand up? Maybe he could make a perfect size dollhouse out of sticks for a log cabin?? Ask to see the one Rob's Grandpa made next time you are in Oxnard.