Wednesday, June 4, 2008

What I've been up to

I just joined Ravelry. That means, of course, that I've been doing no knitting whatsoever. Just sewing. Lots of sewing. I've been making little sundresses for myself that I can wear this summer when our adventure in New Mexico starts (more about that later). I've also been making stuff for other people.
This is a purse that I made for my sister for her birthday. In real life, it's a little more purple than blue. The handles were handmade by my dad. Cool, huh?
It's lined with icy blue on the inside, because that's one of her favorite colors. I hope she likes it!
Then I made these coasters. These are for Liv and Kacy who liked the set I made for my mom (and still haven't sent). I still haven't sent Karen's present either. Hmm, maybe I should get myself to a post office. The coasters are from Last Minute Quilted Gifts, a book that possessed Ashley and I before she moved. Such big plans.
Then I made this teensy tiny dress for my niece. It's made of super thin cotton so she won't get too hot this summer. I can't believe that this dress could possibly fit a human. I'm pretty sure my Cabbage Patch Kid would be comfortable in it. Next up, sunhats and bloomers for the prettiest baby ever.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've been so busy! And you have made the cutest things. I think the purse will be your sister's new favorite thing. How can you go wrong with something handmade by TWO members of the family?

Show us the sundresses!

katie o. said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVE the purse! I lurve it! And the little gingham dress-I am melting from the cuteness! So cute!!! Please come to see me instead of going to New Mexico-I have LOTS of sewing to do and you are the inspiration I need!!! And now I have, have, have to get the quilted gifts book, too!!! You are amazing!!! Oh, and hooray!, I'm so glad you're on Ravelry!

(I have reached my daily limit on exclamation points, I think...)Here's a sideways one, just in case -.

TucsonLizzie said...

Thanks to all the Katies! I'm wearing the first sundress right now, so I'll wash it first, then take pictures. L.M.Q.G. is totally addictive, just like L.M.K.G. you'll be hooked.

Archaeology Ash said...

I'm back! I'm back! I'm back! I missed you and I love everything you've made. So many fun things. I want a gingham dress!!! Do they come in big people sizes?

samantha said...

Those are all so lovely!

Anonymous said...

hey! I thought I was the sister. C'mon...she gets a baby. Fine...I'll just mope off in my liz-made jammie pants. pshhhhh.