Thursday, June 5, 2008

web crack

Darn you Ravelry! I had plans this week. Important things to do. Ravelry, do you know how impossibly long my bibliographies are? Do you realize that we have just a few weeks to get through them? Now I have to play around and search through your wonderful patterns and laugh at people's mountainous stashes. I was sewing before this! Sewing. It takes about an hour and a half to make something satisfying when you sew. When you knit, that's like your cast-on row.
This is one of the sundresses. It's made of thin thin linen with blue palm-y looking designs. The fabric reminded me of my wonderful time living in South Carolina. I doubled up the linen so I wouldn't have to wear a slip. Nothing spoils a sundress like a slip.
Dirtiest mirror ever? Don't care. Must play with Ravelry.

Also, I'm getting my hair cut today at lunch. My hairdresser is like a genie. She makes magic happen on top of my head. Today I'm going to ask her to make my hair longer.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The dress is super cute! That was smart to give it its own lining.

Anonymous said...

Cute dress, Lizzie. I'm sending you something you might enjoy but if you don't like the color or design, cut it up and make pot holders or coasters.
Love,J&D

TucsonLizzie said...

Yay Presents!!!

Archaeology Ash said...

I'll take one in gingham, please.

Anonymous said...

Lizzie,send us a picture after your hair is done and before you go to NM.

Anonymous said...

gorgeous as always. both the magic head AND the dress.
-Karen

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE all your things! When are you going to quit this crazy school nonsense and open up a boutique? (See, my spelling does get better with more school!)